Beecher Village Hall
625 Dixie Highway
P.O. Box 1154
Beecher, IL 60401

(708) 946-2261
(708) 946-3764 (Fax)
Office Hours: Mon-Fri
8am - 4:30pm

What Types of Building Codes Must I Follow?

All building permit approvals and subsequent inspections shall be in conformance with the 2015 International Residence Code, the 2015 International Building Code, the 2015 International Fire Code, the 2014 National Electrical Code, and the 2014 State of Illinois Plumbing Code unless otherwise amended by Ordinance.

Water meters are supplied by the Village during construction and must be installed prior to final inspection. The Village must be contacted to seal the meter and install the outside reader prior to issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy.


1. A construction dumpster and port-a-san must be on site prior to framing of structure and be picked up whenever full. The dumpster and port-a-san must remain on site until just prior to final inspection. 

2. The street must be kept clean at all times. One warning will be permitted. The second notification is conducted by the Beecher Police Department and a fine may be issued to the owner of the property or general contractor. 

3. B-boxes must be staked with a 4x4 post at all times and set to grade and straightened prior to final inspection. If B-box is not straight or below grade, a temporary C.O. can be issued for the structure as long as $100.00 in escrow is provided. Escrow can be returned within 6 months if B-box is properly adjusted. 

4. Any cracks in public sidewalks caused by construction equipment shall be repaired by the contractor prior to issuance of C.O. 

5. The Village does not assume responsibility for any restoration work on a concrete driveway ramp in the Village right-of-way. Any repairs to underground utilities in the parkway will be completed with black dirt and seed or with asphalt if the repair occurred under a driveway. Residents having concrete driveways must arrange for their own restorations if concrete replacement is desired.

If there are any questions or concerns regarding these amendments, please contact the appropriate inspector or the Village Hall.